teacher playing flute for classroom full of studentsIn cooperation with the College of Education, the School of Music offers the following undergraduate and graduate degrees in music education:

Undergraduate students may choose an instrumental or choral/vocal concentration. Students on the instrumental track are prepared to teach middle and high school band or orchestra, as well as elementary general music. The choral/vocal track emphasizes middle and high school choral teaching and elementary general music. After completing the required courses and clinical work, students intern for one semester.

Complete information about admission and course requirements applications can be found at https://education.ua.edu/departments/mue/ and in the UA academic catalog.